|Veterans Day Parade, Parking and Fall Festival Information
Please note: Political candidates are welcome to participate in the parade, but NO campaigning will be permitted.
PARADE DAY INFORMATION
WAVE YOUR FLAG AND HONOR OUR VETERANS!
Put on your red,white & blue and bring your family and your lawn chairs
for an old fashioned parade and festivities.
Grand Marshal: Arkansas National Guard Adjutant General Mark Berry
Parade Route: Starts at Taylor Ave. & Ward St., clockwise around the Chaffee Crossing Historic District
Public Parking: Taylor Ave., Roberts Blvd. and Terry St., Darby Ave.
10:00am-11:30am Staging of parade entries
11:00 am Medal Presentation Ceremony
12:00 pm Noon Parade begins
1:30 pm (approx) Welcome Home, Vietnam Veterans
Veteran Honors Ceremony
Ground Breaking for new Chaffee Veterans Memorial
Fall Festival Activities After The Parade
7313 Terry St. in the Historic District near the Chaffee Barbershop & History Museums
• Festival food - BBQ sandwiches, chili, carnival-style food
• Veteran-created art at the Cre8ive Arts Network building
• Have your photo taken with veterans
• Sign cards thanking veterans for their service
• FREE flu shots
• Helicopter Rides - $25 per person
• Kids area with art projects and games
• Winter Clothing & Canned Food Collection for Homeless Veterans - Donate new gloves,
socks and hats, or gently used coats and blankets to distribute to homeless veterans.
Canned food also accepted.
• Three museums open - the Vietnam Veterans Museum, the Museum of Chaffee History and the
Chaffee Barbershop Museum will be open to the public from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Veterans Service Organizations and Groups will have tables set up near the Chaffee Barbershop Museum. Please visit them after the parade to obtain valuable information about services available to you and your family members.
Spectators are encouraged to bring coats, blankets and non-perishable food donations for the homeless Veterans. A collection box will be located near the Barbershop Museum.
Click here for parade participation information.