Click here to view a PDF of this map.
PARADE DAY INFORMATION
WAVE YOUR FLAG AND HONOR OUR VETERANS!
Put on your red,white & blue and bring your family and your lawn chairs
for an old fashioned parade and festivities.
Theme: Women in the Military
Grand Marshals: Color Guard of female veterans from each branch of service
Sgt.Maj. Adna Romanza Chaffee IV, Grandson of Gen. Adna Chaffee
for whom Fort Chaffee is named.
Parade Route: Starts at Taylor Ave. & Ward St., clockwise around the Chaffee Crossing Historic District
Public Parking: Taylor Ave., Roberts Blvd. and Terry Ave.
10:00am-1:00pm Staging of parade entries
1:30pm Parade begins
Fall Festival following the parade
1:00pm (approx) 7313 Terry Ave. in the Historic District near the Chaffee Barbershop & History Museums
• Ribbon cutting for new Museum of Chaffee History, Bldg. #805
• National Anthem performed by Alyse Eady, former Miss Arkansas
• Proclamation by City of Fort Smith Mayor Sandy Sanders
• Introduction of Col. ?
• Introduction of Col. Ron Brazzell, new commander of Fort Chaffee Maneuver Training Center
• Recognition of the conversion of the 188th ANG Fighter Wing to the 188th ANG Wing and new mission
• Musical entertainment by local performers
• Food will be available for purchase
Plus a whole lot more!
• The Vietnam Veterans Museum, Chaffee Barbershop Museum and the Museum of Chaffee History will be open to the public from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
• The public can meet and thank veterans of all armed services, including members of the 188th Fighter Wing and Fort Chaffee Joint Maneuver Training Center
More than 20 Veterans Service Organizations and Groups will have tables set up near the Chaffee Barbershop Museum. Please visit them after the parade to obtain valuable information.
The public is encouraged to bring non-perishable food donations for the Buddy Smith Home for Homeless Veterans. A collection box will be located at the Barbershop Museum.