Click here to view a PDF of this map.
PARADE DAY INFORMATION
WAVE YOUR FLAG AND HONOR OUR VETERANS!
Put on your red,white & blue and bring your family and your lawn chairs
for an old fashioned parade and festivities.
Theme: Women in the Military
Grand Marshals: Color Guard of female veterans from each branch of service
Sgt.Maj. Adna Romanza Chaffee IV, Grandson of Gen. Adna Chaffee
for whom Fort Chaffee is named.
Parade Route: Starts at Taylor Ave. &Ward St., around the Chaffee Crossing Historic District
Public Parking: Taylor Ave., Roberts Blvd. and Terry Ave.
11:30am-1:00pm Staging of parade entries
1:30pm Parade begins
Events following the parade
2:30pm (approx) 7313 Terry Ave. in the Historic District near the Chaffee Barbershop Museum
• Ribbon cutting for new Museum of Chaffee History, Bldg. #805
• National Anthem performed by Alyse Eady, former Miss Arkansas
• Proclamation by City of Fort Smith Mayor Sandy Sanders
• Recognition of the 60th anniversary of the 188th AANG FighterWing
• Announcement of parade contest prize winners
• Musical entertainment by local performers
Plus a whole lot more!
• FREE popcorn, coffee and hot chocolate!
• The 188th FW 60th Anniversary video will play continuouslyin the Barbershop Museum, Bldg. #803
• Visit the VietnamVeterans, Chaffee Barbershop and Enchanted Doll Museums
• Meet and thank veterans of all armed services,members of the 188th FighterWing and Fort Chaffee
More than 20 Veterans Service Organizations and Groups will have tables set up near the Chaffee Barbershop Museum. Please visit them after the parade to obtain valuable information.
The public is encouraged to bring non-perishable food donations for the Buddy Smith Home for Homeless Veterans. A collection box will be located at the Barbershop Museum.