Click here to view a PDF of this map.
PARADE DAY INFORMATION
WAVE YOUR FLAG AND HONOR OUR VETERANS!
Put on your red,white & blue and bring your family and your lawn chairs
for an old fashioned parade and festivities.
Grand Marshals: To be announced at a later date.
Parade Route: Starts at Taylor Ave. & Ward St., clockwise around the Chaffee Crossing Historic District
Public Parking: Taylor Ave., Roberts Blvd. and Terry St.
10:00am-11:30am Staging of parade entries
12:00 pm Noon Parade begins
Fall Festival following the parade - Approx. 1:30 pm
7313 Terry St. in the Historic District near the Chaffee Barbershop & History Museums
• See a WWII veteran and former POW receive a very special award for Military Intelligence Service
• Meet and thank veterans of all armed services, learn about various veteran services and
• View veteran-created art at the Cre8ive Arts Network building
• Have a photo taken with veterans in front of a special backdrop
• Sign cards thanking veterans for their service. The cards will be delivered to veterans in long-term
• Helicopter Rides - $25 per person
• Kids area with pony rides, inflatables (bounce arounds, slides and a climbing wall), face painting,
caricatures, balloon art and much more!
• BINGO! - Bring a donation to help a homeless veterans and win prizes! Get your Bingo card by
donating canned goods, new gloves, socks and hats, or gently used coats and blankets
Canned goods and clothing donations will be presented to the Buddy L. Smith Home for Veterans
• Festival food - hamburgers, hot dogs, chili, BBQ sandwiches
• The Beer Garden will feature the River Valley Aleraisers Home Brewers including a beer making
demonstration. For a $5 donation, Beer Garden guests can sample several different home
brews. The Beer Garden is open to anyone 21 or older with a valid photo ID.
• Live music by The Troublemakers and Denim and Pearls and Just Us Band
• Three museums - the Vietnam Veterans Museum, the Museum of Chaffee History and the
Chaffee Barbershop Museum will be open to the public from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Veterans Service Organizations and Groups will have tables set up near the Chaffee Barbershop Museum. Please visit them after the parade to obtain valuable information about services available to you and your family members.
The public is encouraged to bring non-perishable food donations for the Buddy Smith Home for Homeless Veterans. A collection box will be located at the Barbershop Museum.
Click here for parade participation information.